40mins Verifiable CPD, 3 Modules, 3 Resources
COVID-19 is a pandemic with Dental teams being particularly at risk due to the close proximity of the patients and the operators. This course is an overview of this disease, its symptoms, how its spread, how the virus can kill.
Note: This course was first published on March 16th 2020. As the situation regarding COVID-19 remains fluid, updates to this course and its references will be made in due course should the science and/or guidance change. Please check back regularly for updates.
In three modules this course covers:
- A general overview of the disease and its severity
- A clinical overview of the current suggested guidance for the Dental team including a discussion on Personal Protective Equipment
- A review of the literature and a resource centre with constantly updated links
4everlearning has curated the latest guidance available at the time of publishing this course from sources of authority in this field. This course does not constitute advice or guidance from 4everlearning.
A Review of the Practical Guidance on COVID-19 for the Dental Team
Aims & Objectives
- To recognise the disease symptoms
- To be aware of the precautions needed within the practice to safeguard staff and patients
- To be familiar with the latest authority recommendations
- To keep up to date with a situation that is constantly evolving
A. Effective communication with patients, the dental team, and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints, and raising concerns when patients are at risk
B. Effective management of self, and effective management of others or effective work with others in the dental team, in the interests of patients at all times; providing constructive leadership where appropriate
C. Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
D. Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first
Members can enrol now by logging in here, if you’re not yet a member you can register here.