1hr 30mins Verifiable CPD, 1 Module, 8 Learning Resources
This tutorial on creating Champions League winning dental teams is kindly provided by Chris Barrow from his Extreme Business Academy.
In his 20+ years of working with dental clients he has observed that less than 5% have reported their team are on the bus and on fire.He spends much more time dealing with the consequences when one or more team members are creating more problems than solutions.
Have you ever been in that situation?In this tutorial Chris looks at 5 essential steps in creating a Champions League team:
– Assessing Performance and Behaviour and making decisions based on your conclusions;
– The ideal schedule for team communications;- How to replace appraisals (a chore) with the Personal Progress Interview (PPI) (an opportunity);
– The importance of the daily huddle in team spirit;
– Using Edward de Bono’s “6 thinking hats” to engage your team in the big decisions that matter.
Along with a 50-minute video from Chris, you can access his Powerpoint slides and 6 PDFs to share with your managers and team from the resources provided in the course module.
Speaker profile: Chris Barrow, Extreme Business.
Chris Barrow has been a trainer, consultant, coach and mentor to the UK dental profession for 23 years.
Chris combines long experience and deep expertise with the originality and independence needed to resolve the thorniest problems.
Naturally direct, assertive and determined, he can reach conclusions quickly, as well as possessing the sharp reflexes and lightness of touch to innovate, change tack and push boundaries.
As a speaker, he is dynamic, energetic and charismatic.Chris spent the first 17 years of his working life in the corporate sector and followed this with 30+ years of business ownership. The different dynamics of both worlds have given him the valuable gift of knowing how to operate – and communicate – in both.
In 1987 Chris was active in the establishment of the Institute for Financial Planning, an organisation representing the first fee-based Financial Planners in the UK; Chris specialised in working with small businesses.
In 1993 Chris decided to make the transition to business coaching and became one of the first UK students at Coach University, from where he graduated as a certified coach. Recognising the opportunity in the dental profession, 1997 saw the creation of The Dental Business School (DBS) and the development of a 12-month business coaching programme for dental practice owners and their teams, delivered to over 1000 UK dental practices in the following 10 years.
To find out more about the Extreme Business programmes please click here
- Assessing Performance and Behaviour and making decisions based on your conclusions;
- The ideal schedule for team communications;
- How to replace appraisals ( a chore) with the Personal Progress Interview (PPI) (an opportunity);
- The importance of the daily huddle in team spirit;
- Using Edward de Bono’s “6 thinking hats” to engage your team in the big decisions that matter.
Aims & Objectives
To learn how to effectively manage and lead a world-class team of people.
A. Effective communication with patients, the dental team, and others across dentistry, including when obtaining consent, dealing with complaints, and raising concerns when patients are at risk .
B. Effective management of self, and effective management of others or effective work with others in the dental team, in the interests of patients at all times; providing constructive leadership where appropriate.
Members can enrol now by logging in here, if you’re not yet a member you can register here.