40mins Verifiable CPD, 1 Module, 1 Learning Resource
In this presentation Thomas Stuecken presents on novel decontamination technologies and disinfection techniques for in-built structures in the practice environment, such as floors, surfaces, dental chairs and sanitation areas.
– Modern ways of efficient cross infection control.
– An overview of mechanical and chemical control.
– Efficacy of Microfibre cleaning and methods of cleaning efficiently.
– Steam vapour with microfibre tools used for cleaning the healthcare environment.
Thomas Stuecken – Managing Director, Osprey Deep Clean.
An overview of mechanical and chemical control used in the dental surgery to help prevent cross infection.
Aims & Objectives
To gain an understanding of modern new ways of efficient cross-infection control:
- How clean is clean?
- The case for water-based technologies to remove pathogens from the environment.
- The problems with Biocides.
C. Maintenance and development of knowledge and skill within your field of practice
D. Maintenance of skills, behaviours and attitudes which maintain patient confidence in you and the dental profession and put patients’ interests first